Recipe by jenlyn33922
These are a favorite at my house. Served slightly warm with a dash of butter...mmmm! No one has ever guess they are low fat and low calorie!
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup artificial sweetener
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mash bananas and then add sugar, egg beaters and applesauce. Mix well.
- In another bowl mix flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture and mix gently. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Number of muffins will depend on whether you use a mini tin or regular size. We like the mini muffins, so easy to pop into your mouth and enjoy! I also use liners to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.