Recipe by HOTTOPOT
this is someting I throw together sunday afternoon (my only off day) and save for monday (the busiest night of the week!) hope you try and enjoy :o)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces mild enchilada sauce (1 can)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups vegetable oil (or enough to cover bottom of frying pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger, onions and chili’s until hamburger is cooked and onions are transparent.
- Stir in tomato sauce and 1°C of cheese.
- Heat oil in frying pan and place one tortilla into oil. Cook for approx 15 seconds (or until soft) Remove from oil, and place on a paper towel covered plate. Place a spoonful of the meat mixture in the center of tortilla, roll it up, and place in a greased baking dish - seam side down. Continue this process until all 8 tortillas are filled.
- Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas, sprinkle with rest of cheese, and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minute or until bubbly and cheese is melted.