Recipe by Jen T
I made this up based on 'Lemonade Scones" and what I had in the fridge :) You can also make these lighter in calories by using diet gingerale and light or lowfat cream. I am sure there are numerous combinations of drinks & fruits. Have fun trying them out :) If you are using metric measures the cream & gingerale are 150mls of each. The first time I made these I only had 100mls cream so I added in 2 Tablespoons of sour cream and this worked as well.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground ginger (use more if you like)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot (roughly chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup ginger ale, plus
- 2 tablespoons ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 400'F/200'C.
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients and stir through the apricot pieces.
- Add in the cream and gingerale and mix lightly with a knife until mixture holds together in a ball.
- Tip out onto a floured board and gently pat out into a rectangle and cut into 9 scones or cut out scones with a 6cm diam cutter.
- Place close together on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Tip out onto a clean teatowel and wrap up to keep warm.
- These are nice just buttered but even better spread with some apricot jam and topped with a dollop of whipped cream for a special treat.