1/1 Photo of Jen's Easy Apricot, Cream & Ginger Scones
Jen T's Note:
I made this up based on 'Lemonade Scones" and what I had in the fridge :) You can also make these lighter in calories by using diet gingerale and light or lowfat cream. I am sure there are numerous combinations of drinks & fruits. Have fun trying them out :) If you are using metric measures the cream & gingerale are 150mls of each. The first time I made these I only had 100mls cream so I added in 2 Tablespoons of sour cream and this worked as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 400'F/200'C.
- 2In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients and stir through the apricot pieces.
- 3Add in the cream and gingerale and mix lightly with a knife until mixture holds together in a ball.
- 4Tip out onto a floured board and gently pat out into a rectangle and cut into 9 scones or cut out scones with a 6cm diam cutter.
- 5Place close together on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in hot oven for 15 minutes.
- 6Tip out onto a clean teatowel and wrap up to keep warm.
- 7These are nice just buttered but even better spread with some apricot jam and topped with a dollop of whipped cream for a special treat.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jen's Easy Apricot, Cream & Ginger Scones
Serving Size: 1 (625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 26.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g