Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up based on 'Lemonade Scones" and what I had in the fridge :) You can also make these lighter in calories by using diet gingerale and light or lowfat cream. I am sure there are numerous combinations of drinks & fruits. Have fun trying them out :) If you are using metric measures the cream & gingerale are 150mls of each. The first time I made these I only had 100mls cream so I added in 2 Tablespoons of sour cream and this worked as well.
- Pre heat oven to 400'F/200'C.
- In a bowl mix together all the dry ingredients and stir through the apricot pieces.
- Add in the cream and gingerale and mix lightly with a knife until mixture holds together in a ball.
- Tip out onto a floured board and gently pat out into a rectangle and cut into 9 scones or cut out scones with a 6cm diam cutter.
- Place close together on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in hot oven for 15 minutes.
- Tip out onto a clean teatowel and wrap up to keep warm.
- These are nice just buttered but even better spread with some apricot jam and topped with a dollop of whipped cream for a special treat.
These are lovely and light a perfect afternoon tea with apricot jam and cream. Next time I will at least double the ginger though as it was very subtle. Thanks!