Recipe by Jen T
This is one of my 'stand by' desserts. Here in New Zealand I make it using 'Hudsons' Chocolate Chip Biscuits. In place of the sherry to dunk biscuits in you can use milk, fruit juice, or add some of your favourite liqueur to the milk. The choice is yours. Note: Cook time is softening time.
Top Review by Jewelies
Yum Jen, the girls had fun making this. For theirs they dipped their biscuits in jelly but Dave and I had the sherry. Really quick to make, the longest part was beating the cream! Really enjoyed the chocolate chips throughout.
- 1 (250 g) packet chocolate chip cookies (biscuits)
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Have ready an oblong dish which will be your serving dish.
- Place sherry or liquid of choice in a shallow bowl.
- Beat the cream with the golden syrup and cocoa until firm and holds it shape.
- Dip quickly a biscuit into the liquid of choice (dont soak) and spread one side with the cream.
- Do a second biscuit and sandwich together.
- Stand these on the serving dish on their edge.
- Continue until all bisciuts are used and you have a 'log'.
- Spread remaining cream over the log to enclose the biscuits.
- Decorate as desired. I like to put a row of glace red cherries along the top then sprinkle with chocolate chips or shaved chocolate.
- Place in fridge for at least 2 hours if possible although can be eaten soon after making, it just wont be as soft.
- This can also be made using plain sweetened whipped cream.