1/1 Photo of Jen's Chocolate Chip Biscuit/Cookie Log
2 hrs 15 mins
Jen T's Note:
This is one of my 'stand by' desserts. Here in New Zealand I make it using 'Hudsons' Chocolate Chip Biscuits. In place of the sherry to dunk biscuits in you can use milk, fruit juice, or add some of your favourite liqueur to the milk. The choice is yours. Note: Cook time is softening time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have ready an oblong dish which will be your serving dish.
- 2Place sherry or liquid of choice in a shallow bowl.
- 3Beat the cream with the golden syrup and cocoa until firm and holds it shape.
- 4Dip quickly a biscuit into the liquid of choice (dont soak) and spread one side with the cream.
- 5Do a second biscuit and sandwich together.
- 6Stand these on the serving dish on their edge.
- 7Continue until all bisciuts are used and you have a 'log'.
- 8Spread remaining cream over the log to enclose the biscuits.
- 9Decorate as desired. I like to put a row of glace red cherries along the top then sprinkle with chocolate chips or shaved chocolate.
- 10Place in fridge for at least 2 hours if possible although can be eaten soon after making, it just wont be as soft.
- 12This can also be made using plain sweetened whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jen's Chocolate Chip Biscuit/Cookie Log
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.5
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 264.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g