Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Took me awhile to get this the way I wanted it by playing around with several different recipes. I am a bit of a wimp and this is at my threshold for spice, so adjust to your tastes if you like it hot.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 lb sirloin, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 28 ounces kidney beans, undrained
- 12 ounces beer
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown ground beef in large pan or pot; remove and drain grease if necessary.
- Add sirloin and onion and saute until lightly browned. Return ground beef to pot. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 hours, covered, stirring occasionally.
Rich and tasty! I used stew meat. Thanks so much for sharing.
This is a great chili recipe with a kick thanks to the diced tomatoes with green chilies. I made as written with a couple of adjustments for my preferences and I'm glad I did or this would have been way to spicy for me, I used 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tbs chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and added 1 bay leaf also used a dark ale for the beer.. Simmered for 2 hours covered and 1 hour uncovered to help thicken a little. This will be my go to chili recipe but I will use plan diced tomatoes as I'm not a fan of green chilies. Thanks !