Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is quick, easy, and yummy! My VERY picky husband and daughter couldn't get enough!
Make and share this Jen's Chicken and Cheese Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I have used mushroom and chicken...both are great!)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place thawed chicken breasts in the bottom of an 8 x 11 (or so) baking dish (a 9x12 is a bit big, but rounds work great).
- Combine soup, milk, and sour cream in small bowl.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Sprinkle cheese over soup mixture.
- Evenly spread stuffing over cheese.
- Drizzle melted butter over stuffing.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes.
This was ok but we really expected more with all of the great ratings. I did use low fat versions of the ingredients so that may have effected the outcome. We would have liked more of a sauce with this. It was easy to put together and I had all of the items on hand, so 4 1/2 stars for ease.
Great comfort food. I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter To cut some of the fat. Was a delicious dish that we will have again soon.
I cut the chicken up into small pieces before putting it in the pan. I also used Cream of Chicken soup. I cut down the amount of cheese and used reduced fat sour cream. It was pretty darn tasty! Thanks for sharing!