Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious! Easy! This chicken is so good, I think it will be a hit at your dinner table.
- 4 thin chicken breasts
- Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Put chicken in a pan with enough salad dressing to cover chicken and cover, till done, drain.
- Keep warm.
- In another skillet add olive oil to pan and saute onion and mushrooms and red pepper, till tender.
- Top chicken with saute mixture, top with sliced tomatoes, then top with cheese.
- Put a lid on the chicken till the cheese melts, then serve.
This is a wonderful chicken dish! Simple to make, with ingredients I always have on hand. I don't care for onion so left it out, and used light Italian dressing with good results. Loved this dish - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by Chocolatl)
I'm very surprised that I'm the first to review this terrific dish! It's easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but elegant enough to serve to company. However, I do note that the olive oil is not listed in the ingredients list. I used about 1 tablespoon. Thanks for posting! Made for Bargain Basement tag.