Recipe by JanuaryBride
This recipe has evolved over the years and is our family favorite. Easy and very tasty. . .better yet, it all cooks in one dish! I have designed this to feed 3 (with a side of fruit salad), so you may need to double the recipe if you have a big family (or if you want leftovers which are devine).
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large refrigerated biscuits (from a can, uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and grease a 1 quart dish.
- Brown your sausage and drain the grease.
- Mix sour cream, mustard and sausage. Place on bottom of baking dish.
- Put layer of cheese over top.
- Scramble the eggs and add onion flakes, salt and pepper. Pour over the cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 25 minutes (and make sure eggs are cooked).
- Remove from oven, increase temp to 375 degrees, place biscuits over top of the eggs, return to over and baken an additional 7 minutes or until biscuits are done to your liking.