Recipe by HOTTOPOT
I'm going to praise myself for a minute here and say this really is the best tasting roast EVER. AND I challenge everyone to check it out. The flavor is amazing, THE LEFT OVERS, ESPECIALLY THE POTATOES, WERE AWESOME THE NEXT DAY!!!!!! please NOTE** regarding the review received--I tried making it with a packet of dry Italian seasoning mix and it was just as good!
- 4 lbs beef roast (I USED A POT ROAST)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's French onion soup
- 2 cups zesty Italian salad dressing (or one packet dry mix zesty Italian seasoning)
- 4 large baking potatoes (cut up into 3 or 4 large pieces)
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash seasoning salt
- 1 dash garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop potatoes, place in bottom of pot.
- Rinse meat with water, pat dry.
- Meat lays on top of potatoes.
- Season meat to taste.
- Pour can of soup over roast.
- Add salad dressing over roast also.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours or on high a little over 5 hours.