Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is very easy to make, very tasty, wholesome, home cooking.
- 500 g ground beef (mince meat)
- 1 (440 g) can carrots (I use Golden Circle brand, including liquid)
- 250 g frozen peas and corn
- 1 large onion, peeled & rough chopped
- 2 Oxo beef cubes (beef stock cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup water (if needed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper sauce
- 6 large potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1⁄8 cup milk
- tomato ketchup (a generous squirt)
- Put all ingredients into a large chef's pan, including liquid in carrot can.
- Put on high heat.
- When starting to bubble, stir breaking up meat.
- Reduce heat to low, continue to stir, do not allow to stick to bottom of pan.
- Allow to simmer - uncovered - until sauce thickens.
- Do not allow to dry out.
- While meat mix is simmering, put diced potatoes in saucepan. Cover with water & boil.
- When potato is cooked soft, drain and put into bowl.
- Add in butter, and milk (do not make too runny) and mash.
- Put meat mix into a large casserole dish.
- Put mashed potato on top and spread over entire top of meat mix.
- Put under grill until golden brown on top.
- Serve whilst hot.