1/4 Photos of Jenny's Chicken Curry
jenny butt's Note:
This recipe is easy to make, tastes good and can be varied to beef/lamb curry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2-1 kg boneless skinless chicken thighs or 1/2-1 kg boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1/2-1 kg skinless boneless chicken tenderloins
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- salt (to taste )
- 2 -3 tablespoons bolsts curry powder (hot or mild to taste)
- 2 -3 cups water
- 5 -6 large potatoes, diced small, reduce heat, simmer approx 8 to 10 mins
- 1Heat oil in stockpot until smoking.
- 2Remove from heat and add sugar.
- 3Return to heat and caramelize to a golden.
- 4Add chicken to pot, brown stir. Add onion and garlic; stir and lower heat. Simmer approximately 8-10 minutes.
- 5Add other ingredients and potatoes.
- 6Mix curry powder with 2- 2 1/2 cups water, and add to pot.
- 7Add more water so that liquid just covers ingredients.
- 8Turn heat to high.
- 9When chicken cooked, and potatoes soft, mash down some of the potatoes to thicken sauce.
- 10Simmer for further 5 minutes.
- 11Serve hot in a bowl, OR place small amount in centre of a ROTI bread wrap, fold bottom over, then top down over bottom then both sides inches CONGRATULATIONS-- you've just made a chicken roti.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jenny's Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (764 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 34.8 g