Recipe by HeatherFeather
One of my dear friends shared this recipe with me. It has become a favorite in our home, especially on chillier mornings.
- 3 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- additional brown sugar, for serving
- additional milk, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients (except the additional brown sugar & additional milk) together.
- Pour into a greased square glass baking dish and bake at 350 F for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick tests clean.
- Scoop each portion into a small bowl, then pour a splash of milk over each- it should be just enough to be absorbed by the oatmeal (not soupy).
- Sprinkle each with some brown sugar to taste and serve warm.