Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the absolute, hands down best potato soup! There are 5 of us in the family and I always have to double the recipe to make enough. If you like potato soup, you definitely have to try this one!
- 8 red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) jar bacon bits
- Place potatoes in a large pan with just enough water to cover. Cook over medium-high heat until tender.
- In a separate medium sized pan, over low heat, combine soups and milk. Stir until smooth.
- Add the potatoes, the cheese and the bacon bits.(use real bacon bits.not the crunchy ones, you can find these in the salad dressing aisle) I always add just a little of the water off of the potatoes to get it to the consistency that I like. If you like it thick, leave the water out.
- Stir constantly until everything is well blended. (about 5 minutes)
- This is wonderful served hot with rolls.