Recipe by Chef Eris
Classic jambalaya mixed with some pasta and turned into a casserole. I made this recipe on my own, it's a family favorite. Cook the Andouille ahead of making the Jambalaya mix. Cook your pasta before making the Jambalaya Mix as well.
- 1 (8 ounce) box zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cooked & sliced
- 8 ounces orecchiette or 8 ounces other shell pasta, cooked
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- cajun seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Andouille sausage, slice it to about 1/4" thickness.
- Cook pasta, and drain.
- Make Jambalaya mix according to instructions on their box adding the Andouille when it says to.
- While the Jambalaya mix is cooking add as much or as little cajun seasoning as you please.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- When the Jambalaya mix is done take a big bowl and stir togethether the pasta and the Jambalaya mix.
- Take 8 oz. of the cheddar cheese and add it to the mix stirring well.
- Optional: Add more cajun seasoning if you choose to.
- Spoon mixture into lightly sprayed casserole dish, making it level once in the casserole.
- Take the remainder of the cheese and sprinkle over the top.
- Put in preheated oven for 30 minutes uncovered.
- After cooking, remove and let cool for 5-10 minutes.