Recipe by Jenn Da Bean
This is a versatile dip that can be altered in many different ways. I will post my two favorite combinations in a note included in the directions. Let me know what you use! I hate that I cannot respond to someones reviews if I do not have a premium account. I really prefer the roast beef/green onion combo myself. I agree that the chicken/jalapeno jelly needed something more, so you all might like to try an add some garlic salt as suggested.
Top Review by Proud Veteran's wife
My son and I tried this today we used the chicken/jalapeno jelly combo. I thought it was okay but could use some salt and maybe garlic or lemon juice. I topped mine with chives and served with corn chips. The butter crackers would be better though. Thank you for something new. Made for Fall PAC 2008
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 5 -10 slices sandwich meat, chopped
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno jelly (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- butter flavored cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized, microwaveable bowl combine ingredients.
- Heat on high for 45 seconds or until cream cheese is soft enough to spread.
- Serve with butter crackers.
- NOTE: I combine smoked chicken breast with the jalapeno jelly and omit the green onions for one dip. I combine roast beef with the green onions and omit the jalapeno jelly for another dip. I usually serve this with butter crackers but it is also very good with those parmesan herb chips found on the cracker asile in stores.