Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I was going through my fridge late night looking for a little snack, but wanted to try to eat something that wasn't super bad for me. Well, I came up with this little gem that was super easy and delicious. My original recipe used only 2OZ of Neufchatel cheese, so I adjusted the amounts to use a full block of cheese. Neufchatel cheese is like cream cheese, but 1/3 less fat.
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 8 stalks celery, halved
- Set cheese out on the counter in your medium mixing bowl, preheat medium skillet over high medium heat.
- Cook bacon 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- While bacon is cooking, mince green onions and parsley, throw in the bowl with the cheese.
- When bacon is done, drain for a moment on paper towels.
- Stack bacon and dice, add to the bowl with the cheese and herbs.
- With a rubber spatula, press, scrape and mix the cheese, herbs and bacon thoroughly.
- Wipe celery stalks of dirt with a wet cloth, and trim each end.
- Fill stalks with cheese mixture and cut each stalk in half.