Cook1 hr 10 mins
I've relied on this recipe for many years. The tomato sauce and brown sugar make a nice sweet sauce. Kids love these meatballs.
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Add the ground beef and mix well.
- Shape meat mixture into 1- 1/2 inch balls.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Brown meatballs in oil.
- After meatballs have browned, drain oil and fat.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the tomato sauce, water, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs in skillet.
- Reduce heat; cover skillet and simmer for 1 hour.
Great recipe, thanks for posting. We love them.
I needed a GLUTEN FREE meatball recipe, I adjusted this to our allergies and this was perfect. THANK YOU!
Kids DO LOVE these! I am making them tonite as requested by my 9 yr old daughter. I like that it is made with pantry ingredients, instead of mixes and canned soups, etc. Thanks for sharing a family pleaser!