1/3 Photos of Jennifer's Herb Dumplings
I found about 4 dumpling recipes in Zaar, but not quite the same as this one, and 3 attached to other recipes. If you are an uncertain cook, this is for you. It's very easy to make and for some reason not known to man, it never flops. It makes lovely fluffy dumplings atop a pot of soup. A real comfort food anyone can make with success. I've handed out this recipe on request untold times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- 2Rub in the butter with your fingers until crumbly.
- 3Mix in pepper, parsley, onion and thyme (or use basil or rosemary, whatever you fancy).
- 4Beat the egg well in a small bowl, and add. Stir in roughly.
- 5Now add just enough milk to make a sticky dough -- not too wet, not dry, just sticky enough to stick to your fingers.
- 6The soup (or meat stew with a lot of sauce) should be simmering. Drop in dessertspoons of the dough, scraping it out of spoon with a finger, into the soup.
- 7Cover the pot. Simmer 20 minutes. By now the dumplings should be cooked.
- 8Take off the lid, and simmer for a further 5 minutes or so, so that the tops of the dumplings dry a little.
- 9Real comfort food on a cold night!
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jennifer's Herb Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 221.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.0 g