Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Creamy cinnamon flavored hot chocolate is a great way to begin your day.
- 1 cup milk (I used 1%)
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- 1 tablespoon whipped cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon marshmallows (optional)
- In a small sauce pan combine the milk and cream.
- Warm-up on medium heat to steaming. Be careful not to boil the milk.
- Add other ingredients and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour into mugs and top with whip cream or marshmallows.
Yummy hot chocolate. I followed the other reviewers advice and reduce the amount of nutmeg, and I think that was spot on! Very rich and creamy! Made for Photo Tag!
This hot chocolate is very nice, its thick, comforting, spicy and just yummy. Like Debbie, though I think reducing the nutmeg by half is a good idea. I used only 1/8 ts and felt that was a great amount lending the hot chocolate just a little bit of oomph. More would have overpowered it, though I think. Since I only have real cinnamon I used that, but only 1/2 ts. I used oat milk in place of the milk and since that is naturally sweeter, I opted out of using the sugar.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this delightful pick me up recipe with us, Acadia!
Made and reviewed for my chosen chef during Veggie Swap #39 October 2011.
A nice rich and cream hot chocolate. Made as written. Both DH and I felt 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg was a little to much, think next time we will cut the nutmeg in half. Over all very nice. Thanks for the post.