Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Created by my niece, Jennie, this sweet and sour dressing goes well with many different types of salads. Adjust sugar to your taste, as some people prefer a less-sweet dressing. Also good on fruit and lettuce salads.
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute (for baking) or 4 -5 teaspoons Equal sugar substitute
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, minced
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Shake well before serving.
- Serve with spinach and egg salad or other salad of choice.
What a delicious salad dressing. I served it over a spinach salad with diced hard-boiled egg on top. It was a little too sweet for me, but that is my own fault for not paying more attention to your instructions about adding sugar to taste. ;) It was a great change from the usual dressing though, and I will definitely be making it again. Thanks!
I liked the taste of this dressing but it was very oily. I will reduce the amount of the oil next time. I made the recipe exactly as stated. I used 1/2 olive oil and 1/2 canola oil. I had doubled the recipe to use for a tossed salad for a ladies brunch. Everyone liked the taste.
Sweet and tangy!I did cut back on the sugar. Used only 1/4 cup.