Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different version of vegetarian minestrone.
Make and share this Jennie's Minestrone Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 large slender Chinese eggplants, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 cups frozen green beans, broken into smaller pieces
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup dry pasta (I used Trader Joe's brown rice pasta, broken into short pieces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- place onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and eggplant. and cannellini beans in pot with broth.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat, and simmer ten minutes.
- Bring to a boil again, add pasta, green beans, spinach, and herbs.
- Simmer until all ingredients are done. Season with salt and/or pepper to taste.
- Serve, preferably with good sourdough bread.