A different version of vegetarian minestrone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 large slender Chinese eggplants, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 cups frozen green beans, broken into smaller pieces
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup dry pasta (I used Trader Joe's brown rice pasta, broken into short pieces)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1place onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and eggplant. and cannellini beans in pot with broth.
- 2Bring to boil, then lower heat, and simmer ten minutes.
- 3Bring to a boil again, add pasta, green beans, spinach, and herbs.
- 4Simmer until all ingredients are done. Season with salt and/or pepper to taste.
- 5Serve, preferably with good sourdough bread.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jennie's Minestrone Soup
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.9
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 70.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: