1/2 Photos of Jennie's Green Bean Casserole
This is my absolute favorite version of green bean casserole. I've brought this to many potlucks and I am always asked for the recipe. My mushroom-phobic DH even loves this dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Cut green beans to to desired serving size.
- 2Boil green beans until cooked to desired softness.
- 3In a skillet, melt butter & add onions, cook until tender.
- 4Add mushrooms & cook for 5 minutes, then add ham & cook until just browned.
- 5Add soup, milk, cayenne pepper, & green beans to the skillet & mix all together to coat well.
- 6Grease a 13" x 9" casserole dish & add mixture. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
- 7Bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove from oven & add crispy onion topping, then bake for an additional 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jennie's Green Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 840.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 18.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: