Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I finally perfected my recipe for potato salad. This version is a little tangy, a little sweet, and a little savory. Perfect side for a picnic, barbeque, or potluck. Also great just by itself. I think it's absolutely divine!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Boil potatoes in one pot and eggs in the other pot until both are cooked. (20-30 minutes for potatoes & 15 minutes for eggs).
- Drain each (whenever done) & set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle, peel both. Cut potatoes into bite size chunks & coarsely chop the eggs.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients, adding salt & pepper to taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. (That way it's cooled throughout.) Enjoy!
Made for ZWT III. Very good potato salad. I wanted something that I could put together quickly to go with burgers that I was grilling tonight. This fit the bill perfectly.
Reviewed for the ZWT3, This potato salad is beautiful. Extremely quick and easy to prepare and tasted delicious. Will most definitely be making again over the summer - it'd go perfectly with a BBQ.
This is a really creamy potato salad. I didn't have any celery or fresh parsley so I used a few dashes of dried. I also used regular ol' Idaho Potatoes! We couldn't wait for it to sit and it was just fine as it was. Thanks Mama Jennie