Recipe by Mama_Jennie
These are my absolute favorite breakfast burritos. They have a little of everything that I like and are totally versatile. You can add or take away whatever suits your family's tastes and also whatever cuts down on time. For example you can substitute frozen hashbrowns for the potatoes. We also add more cheese because we're cheese-a-holics. Serve with your favorite salsa or picante sauce. These could be OAMC, just flash freeze after adding cheese and rolling.
Top Review by Slatts
We had these for breakfast this morning. Yum! I cut back a bit on the veggies and meat. We like our burritos on the eggy side. I also threw in some chopped tomatoes I had in the fridge and some green chilis. Great flavor. Thanks! :) Made for Spring PAC '09.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 4 -5 lbs potatoes, diced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 4 -6 flour tortillas (burrito size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in skillet and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon into smaller pieces.
- Drain most of the grease from the pan and add onion & bell peppers. Saute' in pan until onion starts to turn clear. Add garlic & ham and continue to cook until ham is slightly browned.
- Add potatoes and cook until potatoes are browned or softened. Add beaten eggs and crumbled bacon. Stir together until eggs are set.
- Add desired amount to middle of tortilla and add desired amount of cheese. You can either add in the salsa at this point or you can serve the salsa on the side.
- Fold burrito sides inward and roll to form burrito shape. Enjoy!
- **If OAMC, flash freeze at this point. To re-heat bake in 350F degree oven for 10 minutes to warm through. Eat on the go, yum!