Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Jennie-O Turkey Company. I switched around a few things here and there. Burgers can also be grilled.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 kaiser whole wheat rolls, warmed
- loose leaf lettuce, enough for 6 burgers
Roasted Red Pepper Mayonnaise Spread
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise (I used Trader Joe's brand mayonnaise with olive oil)
- 1 small red pepper, roasted (read *NOTE)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to BROIL.
- *NOTE: Roast the bell pepper under the broiler for about 10 minutes or until skin starts to char. Place in a paper bag, close and let "sweat" for 15-20 minutes. Remove the skin, seeds and membranes. Use 2 tablespoons for the recipe and save the remaining roasted pepper for another meal.
- Combine the mayonnaise ingredients, mix well and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl combine all the turkey burgers ingredients except for buns and lettuce. Mix well but do not overmix. Form into 6 patties.
- Place the burgers on a baking sheet and broil 4-6 inches from the element for approximately 5-6 minutes. Flip burgers and broil another 4-6 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Place lettuce in each burger followed by the meat then spread with the mayonnaise condiment.