Recipe by stonecoldcrazy
This is a family recipe, passed down through my family for generations. It is easy to prepare and can be done ahead, as it is finished in the crockpot. The meat literally melts in your mouth.
Top Review by Theresa K.
I love Braziola. I am sure there are many variations. We make almost the same, only no breadcrumbs or spinach and we put a thin layer of ricotta cheese. However,I love spinach and will have to try that. Thank you for the idea!
- 453.59 g top round steak, pounded thin
- 118.29 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 118.29 ml spinach, drained
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 793.78 g can tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- drizzle olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- I use two 1/2 lb steaks for this recipe. Make sure the meat is pounded out thinly, to at least 1/4 inch thickness.
- Layer breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic and spinach on top of steaks and roll up tightly, securing with butcher string.
- Salt and pepper to taste and saute each roll until browned, not cooked through.
- To prepare sauce, combine all ingredient in crockpot.
- Place meat rolls in the crockpot and cover with sauce. Cook for three hours on high. Serve meat with sauce.