Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
A lovely, savory, filling soup.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 lb asian rice noodles
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli (frozen or fresh, peapods, baby corn, peppers, carrots all work well) or 1 cup assorted vegetables (frozen or fresh, peapods, baby corn, peppers, carrots all work well)
- Heat a skillet slightly. Add the first set of oil, soy, vinegar, garlic, and honey. Once it is warm enough that the honey melts, add the chicken and onion. Cook over medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the second set of soy, vinegar, ginger, honey and broth to pan. Heat to a boil.
- Add veggies and cook through.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and add to soup. Simmer together for a few minutes.