Recipe by Abby Girl
I found this recipe in Bon Appetit RSVP from Nostalgia Bistro. These were excellent served along side Finger Licking Good BBQ Sauce, (19023)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 racks st. louis-style pork spareribs (4-4 1/2 pounds total)
- prepared barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk garlic powder, salt, brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, pepper, cumin, onion powder, cinnamon, and coriander in a small bowl to blend. DO AHEAD: Spice blend can be made 1 month ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300°. Rub ribs all over with spice blend and wrap each rack individually in foil, crimping seams to seal tightly. Place both racks on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake ribs until fork-tender, about 3 hours. DO AHEAD: Ribs can be made 2 days ahead. Open foil packets and let ribs cool completely. Rewrap tightly and refrigerate on same baking sheet.
- To continue: Preheat oven to 425°. Cut racks between bones into individual ribs. Divide ribs between 2 foil-lined rimmed baking sheets and bake until heated through and golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving, warm up the BBQ sauce and pour over the ribs with just enough sauce to cover the ribs.