Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Wonderful deep fried morsels of heaven! If you like them to be more of a bread texture, you can always add more flour..
- 5⁄8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 medium ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons white sugar (or more)
- oil (for frying)
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pan to 375°F (190°C).
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash together the bananas and sugar. Gradually mix flour mixture into mashed bananas, stirring until well combined.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls into hot oil, and cook, turning once, until browned, 2 to 8 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Not a big hit at my house. They were a little bland and very greasy, even after blotting and blotting them. A dusting with some powdered sugar made them a little better, but no one was really crazy about them. Made for 2008 All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag.
Yummy! They taste like banana donuts--so good!
These didn't turn out very good at our house. Really greasy. I couldn't get the frying temps right either. They browned too fast and didn't cook inside or when I would reduce the temperature they would take longer and absorb all the more grease. We just didn't care for them.