Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our family had this punch at a friend's party. It was so good and refreshing that my family demanded that I get the recipe. I laughed when my friend told me that all the measuring and mixing was done in a 5-quart ice cream bucket. My kind of recipe. Prep times does not include freezer time.
- The ingredients for this recipe are measured in a empty 5-quart ice cream bucket (cleaned of course).
- Pour thawed can of lime-aid into 5 quart ice cream bucket.
- Add 1 to 2 cans of water to lime-aid.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar is disolved.
- Add water to top line in ice-cream bucket.
- Put the lid on and put in freezer.
- Freeze until solid, may take 2 to 3 days depending on your freezer.
- When ready to use, place bucket with lime-aid mixture on counter at least 3 hours before serving.
- Mixture should become slightly slushy.
- Put half of the slushy mixture in punch bowl at a time.
- Add 2 (2 liters) of cold cherry 7-up to the half of mixture and serve.
We used this recipe at our daughter's wedding. We were so impressed with how easy it was to make. After we mixed the lime-aid mixture, we froze it in half portions using our seal-a-meal, and it was so easy to take out one and add 2 (2 liters) Cherry 7-up to it. Everyone loved this punch. We had lime slices floating on top, and had the server add a marachino cherry (with stem of course) to each glass.....was delicious...tasted so much like a cherry lime-aid. Have had numerous requests for the recipe..Thanks so much for sharing.