Recipe by Ridgely
Our family had this punch at a friend's party. It was so good and refreshing that my family demanded that I get the recipe. I laughed when my friend told me that all the measuring and mixing was done in a 5-quart ice cream bucket. My kind of recipe. Prep times does not include freezer time.
Top Review by marvella70
We used this recipe at our daughter's wedding. We were so impressed with how easy it was to make. After we mixed the lime-aid mixture, we froze it in half portions using our seal-a-meal, and it was so easy to take out one and add 2 (2 liters) Cherry 7-up to it. Everyone loved this punch. We had lime slices floating on top, and had the server add a marachino cherry (with stem of course) to each glass.....was delicious...tasted so much like a cherry lime-aid. Have had numerous requests for the recipe..Thanks so much for sharing.
Directions See How It's Made
- The ingredients for this recipe are measured in a empty 5-quart ice cream bucket (cleaned of course).
- Pour thawed can of lime-aid into 5 quart ice cream bucket.
- Add 1 to 2 cans of water to lime-aid.
- Add sugar and stir until sugar is disolved.
- Add water to top line in ice-cream bucket.
- Put the lid on and put in freezer.
- Freeze until solid, may take 2 to 3 days depending on your freezer.
- When ready to use, place bucket with lime-aid mixture on counter at least 3 hours before serving.
- Mixture should become slightly slushy.
- Put half of the slushy mixture in punch bowl at a time.
- Add 2 (2 liters) of cold cherry 7-up to the half of mixture and serve.