Recipe by Tansy1308
I got this recipe from a Cross Stitch book and decided to post it here to keep it before I lose it amongst my other books. I think there is something similar to this on the web site, so hope I can be forgiven. It had a really strange name for the dessert "Sunset on a Billowy Sea." My son suggested calling it Traffic Light Dessert - the colours are almost right! Best made a day ahead and cook time, is the approximate time it takes to set.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drain and reserve 1 cup of juice
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (3 ounce) package blackberry gelatin
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) can blackberries
- 1 cup 7-Up soda
- 2 cups finely chopped pared apples
Directions See How It's Made
- First Layer.
- Dissolve lime gelatin in 1 cup boiling water.
- Stir in pineapple and reserved juice.
- Pour into 9x13 inch pan and chill until set, about 1 hour.
- Second Layer.
- Dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water.
- Blend in cream cheese.
- Stir into whipped cream 1/3 at a time.
- Stir in mini marshmallows.
- Pour over first layer and chill until set.
- Third Layer.
- Sprinkle unflavoured gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water.
- Let stand 1 minute.
- Dissolve blackberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water.
- Add unflavoured gelatin, stirring until dissolved.
- Stir in blackberries and juice and then the 7UP.
- Pour over layer and chill until set.
- Once set, I put a knife all around the edge, sat the pan in hot water for a few moments, and then turned out onto a tray.
- The three layers look really pretty.
- Can be served with a dollop of whipped cream.