Recipe by Sonya01
a sweet treat. refrigeration over night not included in time. Notes & tips: When swirling jelly into cream cheese mixture be careful not to touch biscuit base.
- 250 g gingernut biscuits
- 100 g margarine, reduced-fat melted
- 9 g sachet low-kilojoule raspberry jelly crystals
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons gelatin, powder
- 500 g light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat thickened cooking cream
- 250 g reduced-fat vanilla yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 3cm-deep, 17cm x 27cm (base) slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, allowing a 5cm overhang at long ends.
- Process biscuits until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add spread. Process until just combined. Press mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place jelly crystals in a small, heatproof jug. Add 1/2 cup boiling water. Using a fork, whisk until dissolved. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Stir to combine. Pour jelly into a shallow, heatproof dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (jelly consistency should be similar to thickened cream).
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons boiling water into a small, heatproof jug. Sprinkle over gelatine. Using a fork, whisk until gelatine dissolves. Set aside.
- Process cream cheese, sugar, cream and yoghurt until smooth and combined. Fold gelatine into cream cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture over base. Using a tablespoon, dollop jelly over mixture. Using a butter knife, swirl together (see tip). Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.