Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from the Land O'Lakes website. They specify apricot jelly, but you can use whatever you like the best!
- 2⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- Combine butter and powdered sugar in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour and salt.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Divide the dough in half and flatten each half into a disk shape.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm (1 hour).
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, one-half at a time (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut dough with 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutter.
- Place them 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Whisk the egg white with water in small bowl and brush over surface of cookies. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set; cool completely.
- Meanwhile, heat apricot preserves in a small saucepan over medium-low heat until mixture just begins to bubble (1 to 2 minutes).
- Continue cooking 1 minute.
- Strain to remove large pieces, if necessary.
- Cool completely.
- Spread a thin layer of preserves onto unsugared-side of cookie; top with second cookie, sugared-side down.
- Repeat with remaining cookies.
We enjoyed these cookies. I used raspberry preserves and they were easy to make. Make sure you allow for chilling the dough. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.