1/2 Photos of Jelly Roll Recipe for an 11x17 Inch Pan
That Napa Chicken Ranch's Note:
It is very important to have the correct amount of batter for your jelly roll pan. Here is one that fits my commercial sized pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease a 11 x 17 inch sheet pan, line with wax paper. Grease and lightly flour the paper.
- 2Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 400.
- 3Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- 4In a medium bowl, mix together flour and baking powder. Stir together egg yolks, vanilla and melted butter.
- 5Mix in half the flour mixture.
- 6Beat egg whites and salt in a large bowl until soft peaks begin to form. Gradually beat in granulated sugar until stiff, glossy peaks form. Fold one large spoonful of beaten egg white mixture into yolk mixture, then add into the remaining egg white mixture and partially fold together.
- 7Sift remaining flour mixture over the top. Gently fold together until thoroughly mixed.
- 8Quickly spread batter in prepared sheet pan.
- 9Bake 8-10 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
- 10Sift 2 Tbsp of powdered sugar onto a clean kitchen towel. Invert the cake onto it and gently remove the paper. Trim about 1/2 inch from the edges.
- 11Starting with one long edge, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Wrap in a towel and let cool (about 1 hour)
- 12Unroll cake onto a board. Spread with filling. Reroll, placing seam down. Sift remaining powdered sugar over top. Let rest for an hour. Cut into slices and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jelly Roll Recipe for an 11x17 Inch Pan
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 148.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g