Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These recipes will work in any cake roll..I love them all...just trying to get them all in one place..I will list lemon filling first..then other fillings will be under directions
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, room temperature
- Combine granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt in saucepan.
- Gradually stir in cold water until smooth.
- Cook over medium heat., stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks; stir about 1/4 cup of the hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Gradually stir egg yolk mixture into hot mixture.
- cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in margarine, lemon peel and lemon juice.
- Cool, then spread over jelly cake roll.
- FOR ORANGE FILLING; SUBSTITUTE ORANGE JUICE FOR COLD WATER,
- PINEAPPLE FILLING, SAME BUT USE PINEAPPLE JUICE AND 8 OZ CRUSHED PINEAPPLE, DRAIN AND SAVE JUICE -- .