Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Elsie's recipe book - "Recipe tested in The Farmer Country kitchen" Mrs. Milton Gee, Clay Co, Minn.
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar
- Line 2 15x10 jelly roll pans with greased waxed paper.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Beat egg yolks and whole egg until thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in sugar and water.
- Sift together cake flour, salt and baking powder. Fold into egg mixture.
- Pour into pans and bake 12-15 minutes.
- Loosen edges and immediately turn upside down onto a towel sprinkled with confectioners sugar.
- Pull off paper carefully. Spread with jelly while still hot.
- Roll and wrap in a towel until cool.