Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light dessert and soooo easy! * I have also tried sifting confectionery sugar on a dry tea towel( not terry cloth) and turning the cake out on that. (Remove waxed paper carefully. Then try to roll the cake (on the long side) with the cloth as a buffer between each turn/layer. Let it rest for a minute or two then unroll and and let rest for a bit before you spread with jelly/jam . Re-roll. This seems to help keep the roll from tearing so easily.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 11 x15 baking/jellyroll pan with a light spritz of Pam.
- Fit with waxed paper and spray with cooking Pam again.
- Whip eggs, sugar, vanilla and water until light.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Pour thin batter unto sheet.
- Bake until sponge is golden and springs to the touch.
- Turn out on cloth wrung in cold water.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Spread with jam/jelly.
- Using the cloth as an aid, roll up the cake into a roll and trim the ends.
- Place on platter.
- Sprinkle with confectioner sugar.
- Serve warm or cold. Enjoy! =).
I just finished making this, it couldn't be easier! After the cake came out of the oven, I rolled it with the towel and let it cool. Once it cooled I unrolled it and spread strawberry jelly and pecan-cream cheese icing (I spread them in strips along the cake), then re-rolled it. I am taking this to a dinner I at someone else's home tonight. Thanks!
A GREAT Recipe.Thanks for sharing.You didn;t stipulate a baking time(I found it took only 12 Minutes)..Rolled really well didn;t crack.This is going to be saved into my favorites! thanks again
I just bought a jelly roll pan and this was my first attempt at making a jelly roll. I'm glad to say that it was successful! The cake was quick and easy to make. The recipe didn't say how much jelly to use, so I guessed and used 1/2 a cup of grape jelly. My only difficulty was in rolling it up... the cake cracked in several places. However, it turned out fine and all the slices except the ones at the ends looked great. Tasted good, too. I couldn't believe there was no fat except from the eggs! I should also add that I got 10 slices out of this, rather than 8.