Recipe by Dreamgoddess
This recipe came from a regional magazine that DH brought home. It was submitted by a lady in Florida who got it from an old copy of Southern Cookbook. We enjoyed it and hope that you will too!
Top Review by klaw_thorn
Mine tasted very eggy with the key lime jelly, but stronger jellies like strawberry will probably do better. It did set well but was lumpy but I don't know if that is normal. Revise yours by placing on bottom rack to cook and by using strong jellies, and possible cooking longer.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jelly
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar and beat well.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the creamed butter/sugar.
- Add the strawberry jelly and mix well.
- Beat the eggs whites well.
- Fold the egg whites in the butter/sugar/jelly mixture.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour in the pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.