Recipe by BonnieD Oz
Make your own jelly (Australian for Jello Gelatine) at home from fruit juice! A good friend gave me this recipe from the Small Fry Inspiration for Cooking with Kids cookbook by Susie Cameron and Katrina Crook. You can substitute 1 400g (14oz) can of pitted cherries using the syrup as well as cherries (or blueberries). Don't use pineapple!
- 600 ml raspberry juice
- 4 teaspoons gelatin powder
- 6 teaspoons caster sugar (superfine)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped strawberry
- 1⁄4 cup mandarin orange segments
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour half of the juice into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in gelatine and sugar. Mix until totally disolved.
- Add the rest of the juice and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Place the fruit into moulds and pour the liquid mixture over the top.
- Refrigerate until set (approx. 4 hours).