Recipe by JustJanS
A request for condensed milk recipes made me wonder if this was on here. I can't find it, so I'm posting it. It's a real old Aussie (and probably New Zealand) favourite, and is easy to make. I love it.
Top Review by mommyoffour
I made this last night to go with our dinner. It is a good jello dessert that we all like very much. I used peach jello and while it isn't very colorful, the taste of great. I served this with a fresh peach slice on top. Thank you for sharing.
- 250 g plain sweet biscuits (cookies)
- 185 g butter, melted
- 400 g sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup water (dissolve gelatin in this)
- 85 g Jello gelatin (jelly)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crushed biscuits and butter mixing well; press into greased 30cm X 23cm (12" X 9") pan and refrigerate.
- Combine condensed milk, lemon juice and gelatin mix.
- Mix well and pour over prepared base; refrigerate 2 hours.
- Mix jelly powder and boiling water together, then add cold water.
- Refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg white, pour over lemon layer.
- Refrigerate, then cut into squares when set.
- *I prefer a red jelly for this, but any flavour would be OK.