Recipe by Aroostook
Jam and Jelly makes these little cookie real "gems".
Top Review by tpargeon
I believe this recipe has a couple of mistakes in it. In a 300-degree oven, they never did bake, even after having them in a minimum of 20 minutes. When I moved the temperature to 350, they did bake, but I had to leave them in 10 - 12 minutes versus the 8 minutes in the recipe. Also, the directions call for salt but there is no salt in the ingredients. The result was just okay.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- finely chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Separate egg, reserving egg white.
- Cream margarine, sugar, and egg yolk.
- Add vanilla, flour and salt, mixing well.
- Shape dough into balls.
- Roll in egg white, then nuts.
- Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven.
- With thumb, dent each cookie.
- Put jelly or preserves in each thumbprint.
- Bake for another 8 minutes.