Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cookie recipe is fancy, yet super easy because it starts with packaged sugar cookie dough.
Make and share this Jelly Filled Thumbprints recipe from Food.com.
- 510.29 g roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 118.29 ml seedless raspberry jam
- 78.07 ml white vanilla chip
- Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir in coconut.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. With thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoons of jam into each indentation.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets; place on wire racks. Cool 5 minutes.
- Place vanilla chips into small resealable food storage plastic bag. Microwave on high 45 to 60 seconds. Squeeze bag until chips are smooth. If necessary, microwave 10 seconds longer. Cut small hole in bottom corner of bag. Squeeze bag gently to drizzle melted chips over cookies.
Overall, not a bad recipe, but not what I was expecting. I expect thumbprint cookies to be tiny little bites. The dough in this recipe spread a lot and made much larger, flatter cookies than what I was looking for. Luckily, I had time to prepare another recipe for the event the next day. The flavor was good, although I did not drizzle with the vanilla chips after discovering that the cookies wouldn't work for my needs. But, the size of the finished cookie is not a thumbprint, in my opinion.