Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
A dessert spin on the peanut butter & jelly sandwich--moist yellow cake with a jelly-filled center and peanut butter frosting. I can already think of quite a few people who wouldn't mind this for lunch every day!;)
Top Review by lwheeler2007_10096537
I MADE A DOUBLE BATCH, 1 batch for my husband to take to work and 1 batch for me to take to work. THEY were a hit, My husbands boss took 5 to take home to his family and asked for the recipe. And my co-works kept repeating Lori have I told you how good these cupcakes are?
They are requested often. I have made a chocolate version also.
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted (5 1/3 Tbsp.)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup jelly or 1 cup jam, your favorite flavor
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (16 ounce) box powdered sugar
- peanut butter chips or chocolate chips or Reese's pieces, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE THE CUPCAKES: Preheat oven to 325*F; line 24 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- Combine the cake mix, sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and milk; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase mixer speed to medium; beat 2 minutes more.
- Divide batter evenly in the prepared tins; bake for 30 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tins; invert onto wire racks, turn right-side up, and cool completely.
- With a knife at a slight angle, starting about 1" from the edge, cut a 1" deep circle in the center of each cupcake top.
- Use the knife to slip out the cake scraps; trim the pointed ends.
- Spoon the jelly into a large zip-lock bag; snip 1 corner.
- Pipe the jelly into each cupcake hole; replace cut out centers.
- MAKE THE FROSTING: With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually blend in the powdered sugar, then enough milk until smooth and spreadable, 2-4 Tbsp.
- Spread each cupcake with frosting; garnish as desired.