1/2 Photos of Jelly-Filled Pound Cake Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
1 hr 15 mins
A dessert spin on the peanut butter & jelly sandwich--moist yellow cake with a jelly-filled center and peanut butter frosting. I can already think of quite a few people who wouldn't mind this for lunch every day!;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted (5 1/3 Tbsp.)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup jelly or 1 cup jam, your favorite flavor
- 1MAKE THE CUPCAKES: Preheat oven to 325*F; line 24 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- 2Combine the cake mix, sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and milk; beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- 3Increase mixer speed to medium; beat 2 minutes more.
- 4Divide batter evenly in the prepared tins; bake for 30 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 5Cool for 10 minutes in the tins; invert onto wire racks, turn right-side up, and cool completely.
- 6With a knife at a slight angle, starting about 1" from the edge, cut a 1" deep circle in the center of each cupcake top.
- 7Use the knife to slip out the cake scraps; trim the pointed ends.
- 8Spoon the jelly into a large zip-lock bag; snip 1 corner.
- 9Pipe the jelly into each cupcake hole; replace cut out centers.
- 10MAKE THE FROSTING: With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together the butter, cream cheese, and peanut butter until smooth.
- 11Reduce mixer speed to low; gradually blend in the powdered sugar, then enough milk until smooth and spreadable, 2-4 Tbsp.
- 12Spread each cupcake with frosting; garnish as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jelly-Filled Pound Cake Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (2301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.3
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 295.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 36.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g