Prep 1 hr 41 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fun job for for children. Credit to mickeydowunder@http://whatsonthelist.worldpress.com
- for the jam
- 2 cups strawberries, tips cut
- 2 cups sugar or 2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- vanilla bean yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- homemade strawberry jam
- Mash strawberries. (take back of knife and push down*).
- Place mashed fruit in pan on stove top; cover and simmer on low for 5 minutes until juice comes out. DO NOT PEEK! lol.
- Uncover and simmer stirring 15 minutes until reduced.**.
- Add sugar and lemon juice; bring back to a simmer.
- Simmer an additional 10- 15 minutes until reduced. (Making sure the jam does not stick to the pan).
- Place teaspoon of jam on a plate; place in freezer for 2 minutes. Jam is one when is spreadable, not super thick.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (~200C).
- In small bowl, combine 1/2 cup sugar and ground cinnamon.
- In large bowl, combine sifted flour and dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, stir together oil, lemon juice, sugar, egg and yogurt.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, pour in wet ingredients; gently fold ingredients until combined.
- In a Ziploc bag*** (or piping bag), place the batter; cut off tip of Ziploc.
- Pipe batter into mini muffin trays 1/2 full.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; let cool 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack.
- Dip the tops of the mini muffin in the melted butter then into the cinnamon sugar mixture; let cool slightly.