Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°; line 10 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup of the sugar, egg, and oil until well blended.
- Whisk in milk until blended.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups.
- Drop a heaping teaspoon of preserves on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 3 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool while you prepare the topping.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar with cinnamon.
- Generously brush warm muffin tops with butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.
- Let cool.