1/1 Photo of Jelly-Centered Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies are pretty good by themselves, but the jelly or jam in this recipe really kicks them up to the next level. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift first three ingredients together.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy' add eggs, milk and lemon juice.
- 3Blend well and add flour mixture; mix until fully incorporated.
- 5Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease cookie sheets.
- 6Place half the dough on a well-floured board and roll to 1/8" thickness.
- 7Cut with a 2" round cookie cutter and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- 8Place a teaspoonful of jelly or jam in the center of each cookie.
- 9Roll remaining dough to the same thickness and cut with the same cookie cutter.
- 10Place a layer of dough over each jelly filled cookie and press the edges of the cookie with a fork to seal in the jelly.
- 11Sprinkle lightly with sugar and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jelly-Centered Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (925 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.9
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 90.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g