Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Will list the recipe for the cake roll and some of the fillings and hope this post is not too long I want to get all my recipes in one spot--decided to share with my "friends".
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 10 ounces jelly
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Prepare a jelly roll pan with cooking spray and flour; line with waxed paper and grease and flour this; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, at high speed, beat egg whites into peaks soft peaks, gradually sprinkle with 1/3 cup granulated sugar, beating until sugar is completely dissolved and stiff peaks forms.
- In mixing bowl, at high speed, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored; at same speed, gradually sprinkle in remaining granulated sugar then vanilla.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over egg yolks, add beaten egg whites; with rubber spatula, gently fold mixture to blend thoroughly.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, sprinkle cloth towel with powdered sugar.
- Immediately invert hot cake onto towel; gently removed waxed paper.
- While still warm, carefully roll up cake and towel from narrow end.
- Cool cake completely on rack, then unroll and spread with jam or other filling.
- Reroll without towel and sprinkle roll with powdered sugar.