Prep 20 mins
Cook 13 mins
I love the buttery taste of these cookies. Kids like to help fill these too. I got this recipe in South Carolina where the flour is different, so be sure to use about 1 tbl less flour if not using southern flour.
- 1⁄2 lb butter (softened)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour (Minus 1 Tbl if you are not down south)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- jelly or preserves or peanut butter
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Beat in egg yolks one at a time.
- Add flour and salt, beat well.
- Add Vanilla beat again.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon dough about a heaping teaspoon full at a time, form into balls.
- Place on a greased and lightly floured cookie sheet.
- Using a finger make a small well in the top of each round ball.
- Using a spoon, (I personally like to use a baby spoon, perfect size) top with a little jelly, preserves or my favorite, peanut butter.
- I do some of every kind on hand, for variety.
- Bake 350 degrees in preheated oven for 12-13 minutes.
- Cool and eat.