Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great Easter treat (or any other time)! Cookies baked with jelly beans in them. The kids, old and young will love this one.
- Mix butter and both sugars until smooth.
- Stir in egg, baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in flour and oats until well blended.
- Stir in jelly beans.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet about 2" apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
It's a 5 star cookie for it being unique but I must say I was a little frustrated with how they stuck to the cookie sheet so I pulled out the silpat (if I even spelled that right) and that worked wonders. Needless to say I think they'll be a big hit at the Easter party
I substituted the 1/3 cup sugar with Trader Joe's Stevia Extract (its better than splenda...gross stuff in there)
Also use 2/4 cup almond milk after baking them on the foil don't try to take them off even after cooling let chill in the fridge for 20-30mins so the jelly jeans won't stick and rip apart the cookies :-)