Recipe by Roxygirl in Colorado
One of my all-time Jello salads that my mom's made since the sixties.
Top Review by MasakoHI
It turned out beautiful like Annacia's photo. I too cubed the jello and served it in a beautiful crystal bowl. I however, omitted the celery since we're not celery eaters. I used raspberry jello and it was delicious and beautiful. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes red Jell-O (raspberry and black cherry work well)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced unpeeled red apples
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry Jello with boiling water with a whisk to dissolved and stir in cold water.
- Let set in fridge till syrupy (can speed this up by setting bowl in another bowl filled with ice water for about 20 minutes).
- Add the diced apples, celery, and nuts.
- Pour into a glass dish (can be a bowl, 7x11, oval dish- a 9x13 is makes the squares too thin).